News & Events
Westchester County Is The Place For Innovation: County Executive George Latimer Announces County’s Incubator Program - Element 46Westchester County Is The Place For Innovation: County Executive George
Designed to inspire and support entrepreneurial talent and the development of new businesses in Westchester, Element 46 will help turn promising ideas into thriving businesses, and promote entrepreneurship and economic development in Westchester County by providing founders with access to programing and resources.
Latimer said: “Westchester has all of the most important ingredients for start-up success - location, infrastructure, transportation, business expertise, investor interest, talent and more. By bringing together the very best entrepreneurial ideas and supporting them with the immense talent and resources of this County, I’m confident that we’ll be able to cultivate high-growth companies that will drive economic development for Westchester and also serve as a great reminder of the benefits of working, living and playing right in our County.”
A cohort of 15 selected entrepreneurs will be housed in a number of co-working locations in the County and paired with some of the best minds across business, innovation, and the investment community. The first cohort of Element 46 will be selected in April and begin in July 2019.
Westchester County Director of Economic Development Bridget Gibbons said: “We are laser focused on attracting startups to Westchester and creating an entrepreneurial ecosystem. Through Element 46 we plan to provide early-stage entrepreneurs with the support they need to professionalize and scale their businesses, and to keep them here in Westchester. ”
Incubators are organizations geared toward speeding up the growth and success of startup and early stage companies. They provide access to services such as accountants and lawyers – in addition to invaluable coaching and networking connections through the mentors and other entrepreneurs at the incubator. They are also often a good path to capital from accelerators, angel investors and venture capitalists. Element 46 will have a positive impact on economic growth in communities across the County by maximizing the success of emerging, startup companies.
Startups, mentors, service providers and co-working spaces interested in learning more about the Element 46 program, should visit the website at Element46.org. The application deadline for startups is April 26, 2019.
Participants will have access to:
- Strategic Resources – Element 46 has partnered with some of the leading experts in the community to advise, train and directly support participants.
- World-Class Mentors and Advisors – Element 46 builds a community of support around founders by bringing together a robust network of seasoned entrepreneurs, experienced change-makers, and leaders across sectors.
- Access to Subject Matter Experts – Element 46 helps participants gain exposure for their ventures to support their long-term sustainability, including:
- Access to entrepreneurs, press, and supporters, during the course of the cohort session;
- Access to potential funders, investors, and partners; and
- Access to key community figures and innovators at events.
- Office Space - Full time space at a co-working office strategically located and transit-oriented - free of charge.